GHFP’s mission is to foster philanthropy domestically by designing service-learning programs that engage US students & professionals with rural communities in Swaziland, Africa and work together to educate, empower and lift orphaned and vulnerable children – particularly those living in child-headed households – out of poverty.
- Be at least 16 years of age;
- Completed 200 hours of community service since 7th grade (verified by a teacher, administrator, or mentor);
- Three (3) recommendation letters from a school teacher, mentor, and/or parent or administrator; and,
- A 500-word essay about why they want to serve overseas
If you or your child meets these requirements, please submit completed packet with the above materials to firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Swaziland” in the subject line.
If you are selected, a member from our staff will reach out to you for the Parent-Student interview. For questions, please email email@example.com.
Swaziland Quick Facts
* Swaziland, Africa has the highest HIV/AIDS prevalence in the world
* Countless children have been orphaned as a result of this deadly disease, left to fend for themselves
* Orphan headed households are common with kids challenged to provide for their brothers and sisters
* Schools are not free and these orphans, suffering from dire poverty, have little means to secure a viable future